Happy to help!

Yeah, this is what they keep saying. And I believed them as I never really had a problem with them before. Infact I always fought people’s criticism about VF’s customer care. They were prompt, precise, helpful and rather amiable.
But, thanks..thanks for enlightening me with the truth.
Call 111, and a voice answers how may I help you? At once you know that this guy is going to have trouble talking in English. So you change the language to Hindi..but the guy doesn’t budge. You ask him the set of documents required for verification..he states very clearly “An id proof and an address proof.” I ask “Will a licence and a PAN card do?” HE says “Yes, madam. It will do.” He has my number, he can see my current verification status and documents required. Then why can’t he open his mouth and speak you need a photo id proof too? If you can’t follow English, or you cannot speak in English…its ok buddy! Just give me correct and complete information. Speaking in English is mandatory when the only common language between you and the customer is English, right?
Ok, since I have to submit the documents and the happy to help store opens at 10, I happily leave home at 10 make copies of documents and travel 5 minutes to reach my closest VF store only to find its merrily shut! Never mind I think, there is one more just a little out of the way. Maybe I can go there. The second one is shut too. Its 10:20 now. I call help and ask them for a centre in Kothrud. This guy gives me some confused address (again in English, which he couldn’t understand!) and then I ask him till when can I submit these documents and he says, ma’m why don’t you ask the VF store! I mean wth, why are you there, if I had to go to the store to find out everything. You have my number, the screen shows you all the information you need. And if you cannot talk in English, please don’t try it on the customers.
Anyway, this second store opens up till then, and I think ok, I won’t reach office that late after all, but then I am supposed to refill an application form applying for a sim and that requires a snap. Now I have lost it totally. When I specifically call and ask you about the docs you require why don’t you mention it, you are supposed to be happy to help right? And if you don’t submit within 24 hours your sim will be deactivated. I don’t know what they get by disappointing customers. Customers cannot run around whole day to produce this and that document. So, now I have to run back home, get snaps, submit them and reach office. Now the rains suddenly decide to pour..pour as they have never before.
Its windy and it rains hard. Am drenched and I’m here in office…venting my anger through this little blogpost!

Comments

Pappul said…
shaant shaant ... gadadari bheem ... shaant ... er ... not bheem ... and not gadadari too ... but still ... shaant ... :D
Unknown said…
I kno...bt whateva!
Mohsin said…
Fear of repetition, but still..
Shant gadadhari bheem shant.. :p
Unknown said…
arey..bt shaant kya rehneka...
haadh rehti na!
Readable me :) said…
zar...i think the message in their adds...i get these days is tht u shud search fr the dog for help...may b he was busy helping somebody else and hence the shut stores ;).
Next time catch hold of the doggy n talk to him first person ;)
Unknown said…
hehe..ash ... good one :)
Pravaahit... said…
hmm... it happens... actually some times they irritate while helping... unnecessarily calling so many times....
Unknown said…
umm...maybe re...
bt atleast giv correct info..tats all im asking!

Popular posts from this blog

Friends..bangalore...and a memorable trip!

1 year and still moving on...

A job can be sooo much fun too...